Just Food For Thought
During summer 2014, Chef Ben Towill of The Fat Radish and The East Pole embarked on a cross-country bike tour, raising over $25,000 for Just Food's Youth Community Chef program.
Throughout his trip, Ben wrote a blog series for The New York Times covering the conversations around food he had with people all over the country. Ben's riding partner and photographer Patrick Dougherty...
Sweet Lemon and Miso Tahini Dressing (Makes about 1 ¼ cup)
• 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lemon juice, or to taste
• 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) raw or roasted tahini
• 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons mirin or white wine
• 2 tablespoons unpasteurized honey
• 2 tablespoons light miso
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Fine sea salt, if needed
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
1 small/medium sized baking pumpkin
1 medium sized cauliflower head
1 box of pasta of your choice (gluten-free if desired!)
8 tablespoons olive oil (adjust to taste)
Kosher salt (adjust to taste)
1. Prep: Preheat oven to 400F. Rinse pumpkin and cauliflower. Cut pumpkin in half, remove stem piece and inside seeds (set aside for...