Braised Red Cabbage and Kale
Submitted by Sara on Mon, 01/09/2012 - 12:10pm
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced in thin crescents
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or other fat (pastured chick or duck fat)
- ¼ head red or green cabbage, shredded
- 2 or 3 kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cut in matchsticks
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water or organic chicken stock
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, kale, and green apple. Saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sea salt, honey, vinegar, and water.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
Adapted from “Health is Wealth: Make a Delicious Investment in You!” by Andrea Beaman