Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash & Apples
Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 11/04/2013 - 12:57pm
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 large apples, roughly cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, squash, apples, shallots, and olive oil in a large, shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the dish in the oven and bake until vegetables and apples are wrinkled and slightly brown and the edges of the squash are beginning to crisp, 45 minutes to 1 hour, tossing and stirring from time to time. Remove the vegetables from the oven; toss with maple syrup before serving.
Reprinted with permission from Sylvia's Table: Fresh, Seasonal Recipes From Our Farm to Yours, by Liz Neumark, © 2013. Published by Random House.