Butternut Squash Soup with Honey
Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 10:49am
- 2 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups unsalted organic chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1/3 cup honey, preferably sage honey
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To make soup, cut the squash in half and remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Spray or brush with oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until very tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Scrape the pulp into a medium soup pot. Add the chicken stock and honey. Using a hand blender, puree until very smooth. Add the half-and-half and blend. Add salt to taste. Warm over low heat but do not boil.
Adapted from The Fresh Honey Cookbook: 84 Recipes from a Beekeeper’s Kitchen by Laurey Masteron.