Just Food For Thought
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced in thin crescents
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or other fat (pastured chick or duck fat)
- ¼ head red or green cabbage, shredded
- 2 or 3 kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cut in matchsticks
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water or organic chicken stock
Eat your (winter) veggies this January!
Look for watercress that is dark green, shiny and alive. If you can’t find good watercress, substitute another winter green like curly endive, baby spinach, arugula or Belgian endive...
Just Food Trainer Classie Parker with the Food Bank's Head Cook, Cathy Sturry
If you've ever been to a workshop led by Just Food Trainer Classie Parker, you know that canning is even more fun when there's dancing involved. Last month members of Harlem Community Farm Share learned this fact first hand. CSA members joined staff and clients of their...