Canning Workshop Details
Thanks for your interest in a canning demonstration! Just Food offers canning workshops through our City Farms program. The workshops are led by Just Food Trainers and last about 2 hours. As a Just Food CSA Network benefit, we offer Network CSAs $25 off. Please see below for basic information about the workshops. Contact Qiana Mickie (qiana[at]justfood.org) with additional questions!
- Basic water-bath canning procedure
- Raw versus Hot Packing
- Syrups/Canning Solutions
- Recipes: Pickling, jams, salsa/chutney, sauces (you choose!)
- Indoors or outdoors
- Use of flame must be allowed
- Access to water
- Veggies and/or fruit from CSA
- Tables and chairs
- Tent/Covered area (if outdoors)
- Helpful but not required: Burners or a stove, a canning pot, canning utensils, jars with new lids, a smaller pot for the canning solution, plates, napkins, cutting boards, serving trays (If you have any of these it makes travel much easier on the trainer!)
- We need at least 2 weeks to schedule a workshop, but a month's notice is preferred
- Workshops can accommodate up to 50 people, but 20 or fewer makes for a more hands-on experience.
|GET JUST FOOD NEWS!|