GROW FOR NYC: JUST FOOD COMMUNITY- RUN FARMERS' MARKET NETWORK
What is the Just Food Community- Run Farmers' Market Network?
Just Food supports a network of community-run markets and gardens in New York City. The markets are run by volunteers or local organizations who want fresh, quality produce in their neighborhoods. Flexible options for farmers can include dropping off produce at the markets and setting up at the market site. The markets usually have low vendor fees and will work with farmers so that everyone benefits.
For information about becoming a farmer for the Just Food's Farmers' Market Network, please contact Qiana Mickie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why sell at a community-run farmers' market?
- Sell your produce to vibrant, independent, community-run markets
- Sell your specialty or ethnic items to diverse neighborhoods
- Be a vendor, drop-off your produce, arrange to have it picked up, or hire a local to sell it
- Support groups to make their neighborhoods a healthier place to live
Markets look for farmers who:
- Grow and market through farmers markets
- Enjoy diverse, vibrant NYC communities
- Accept food stamps/EBT, Health Bucks, and Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks
- Follow market rules and communicate regularly with market managers
- Are flexible, can adapt to changing circumstances, and see the Community-Run Farmers' Markets as a learning process
|GET JUST FOOD NEWS!|