CSA Chef Program
Become a CSA Chef!
Just Food is not offering the CSA Chef Training Program in 2015.
Just Food offers the CSA in NYC community the unique opportunity to train CSA members to become “CSA Chefs.” CSA members will learn how to conduct cooking demonstrations about local, seasonal eating and cooking; fruit and vegetable identification; and food storage and preparation. CSA Chefs will inspire and empower their fellow members to create delicious and healthy meals for themselves and their families.
CSA Chefs will conduct cooking demonstrations at their own CSA in coordination with their core group. For CSAs in the Just Food Network, the cost to attend the training is based on a sliding scale of $50-$125 (each CSA should determine what is affordable based on the means of their CSA) and a $15 materials fee. For non-network CSAs, the cost to attend the training is $150 and a $15 materials fee. These fees are paid by the CSA. Applicants MUST get the approval of their core group to attend the training. Only one member per CSA will be allowed to attend the training. Just Food Network CSAs will receive priority admission into the program.
- Are member of a CSA and have received the core group’s approval to participate
- Are great cooks
- Are able to plan seasonal, vegetable-inspired meals and recipes
- Are concerned about where their food comes from and are excited about promoting local food
- Are independent, self-sufficient workers
- Work well with groups
- Are outgoing with a desire to teach
- Are able to think on their feet with creative flare
What is required to become a Just Food CSA Chef?
- Complete and return the application by Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Acceptance into the training program
Once accepted, you agree to:
- Attend the one-day training.
- Use training techniques learned at the workshop.
- Pay a sliding scale fee of $50-150 and a $15 material fee to contribute toward the cost of the training.