REQUEST A COOKING DEMO
Thank you for your interest in a cooking demonstration! Just Food offers two hour cooking demonstrations led by Just Food Community Chefs, focusing on local and seasonal cooking. Please see below for basic information about the cooking demonstration. If you have any questions, contact Angela Davis, Food Education Manager at angela[at]justfood.org.
Click here to fill out a Cooking Demonstration Request Form
- What’s in season and how to incorporate more local food into one’s diet
- Seasonal, vegetable-inspired meals and recipes
- Basic nutrition information
- Food preparation and storage
- Fee $250 (check made payable to Just Food). Payment covers the trainer’s stipend, food samples, and a small administrative fee
- Indoors or outdoors
- Access to water
- Helpful but not required: Tent/Covered area (if outdoors), burners or a stove, a large sauté pan, plates, napkins, cutting boards, serving trays, cutlery (If you have any of these it makes travel much easier on the trainer!)
- Please allow at least 2 weeks to schedule a cooking demonstrations, but a month's notice is preferred
- Participants will receive a small, bite-sized, sample of the prepared dish and a copy of the recipe.