Fresh Food for All
Each year, Just Food organizes farm trips to for food pantry staff and guests to give Local Produce Link participants the opportunity to visit their farm.
Check out this brief video of our farm trip to Hearty Roots Farm in September of 2009!
Since 2008, Just Food has organized 23 farm visits, giving more than 750 food pantry staff, guests and children an opportunity to spend a day out of the city and experience life on the farm. Here are some comments from farm trip participants:
- "Potatoes and sweet potatoes REALLY come from the ground!"
- "Growing vegetables is a labor of love requiring dedication and hard work"
- "I enjoyed everything but most of all, our hosts"
- "This was the first time the kids got out of the city"
- "You can just eat the Japanese turnips raw. Now I can buy them a little more often."
- "Now I get ideas to plant a pepper or pumpkin"
Check out the slide show of photos from our farm trips below!
|Get Just Food News!|